There is more need today for corporations and businesses to have videos on the internet than there ever has been in the past and the reason for this is that it has been seen that 80% of websites, are now reached through videos. Therefore if your business does not have a video on the internet, your website is only being potentially accessed by only 20% of the internet users. As obviously the more people that access your website, the more chance there is of you receiving extra business, you would want that other 80% to easily gain access to your site as well. Although some businesses may have had their own staffs look after their SEO needs in the past, those staffs may not be adequately qualified in good corporate video production. In fact previously, even the SEO specialists may not have been but in order to keep up with the changing times, many of the better SEO services are now able to offer video production along with their other services.
SEO has been for a long time an important part of any business’s internet activity and will remain so for a long time yet but as technologies change and advance, those SEO strategies also have to adapt. SEO is of course Search Engine Optimization and as the name implies, one of its main tasks is to ensure that a website is quickly and easily recognized by the search engines. Whenever a search is initiated on the internet, it is the search engine’s job to list all relevant websites that feature the search criteria and since there are now literally billions of websites, those lists can be extremely long, covering several pages. Without SEO strategies being applied to your website, your site may appear somewhere on page 8 or 9 of those listings and as it has been proven that most people (90%) never look past the first page, your website may as well not even be listed for the good it is doing. With SEO though, your website could be listed as the first site or at least on the first page and so therefore be seen by potential customers. This is very important as today, 70% of people are thought to look at the internet before making any purchase anywhere. The second part of SEO is getting people to look at your site without them even starting a search and this is done by a process known as link building. Link building is where a link to your website is placed in content which is displayed on other websites. By doing this, people visiting those other websites are encouraged to also visit yours and this is where things are now changing. In the past most of those links were placed in either articles or blogs but now that only 20% of people are reading the articles, placing the links in videos is far more productive. Apart from websites that are relevant to your business, videos can also be placed on the popular video sites like You Tube or Dailymotion.